
Not long ago on the 38th parallelesque Belgravia/Victoria borders I discovered a book by Jean Jacques Rousseau called 'Reveries of a Solitary Walker'. As a hardcore solitary walker myself, the idea of reading the musings of a 18th century Parisian brother flitted like a glitter ball in mine eyes. Though as a reluctant reader, especially in the case of committing to reams of impenetrable bollocks for some kind of intellectual or self help quest, I decided to do a bit of a background check on Mr Rouss to see if his whimsy would be of any use or interest to a modern day easy walker. The reason being is that I always find that thought processes whilst walking are always temporary, once thought, then forgotten. Moments of fleeting genius that are lost forever in the hazy smoke of Jazz cigarettes. So perhaps Zero n' Rousseau would share something kindred, even kindread if lucky.
However, the thing with Rousseau is that, from what I gather from them general publique, is that by the time Reveries was written he was a paranoid oik who was slowly slipping into mental illness and showing the traits of being a complete shit. Some may point to a brotherhood between Mr Zero and Jacquesy with this description, but I'm sure that Rousseau would have saved himself from too much bother with a bag of JBW, a few Kings and some reggae on his decks used in good fashion to accompany his walkies, surely a pre-requisite for any successful solitary stroller. Sadly Jean appeared to me as a dude I wouldn't enjoy spending time with, so instead of reading his bollocks I decided I would write my own.
The point of this whole ting however, is to serve my memory, vent spleens of, pay homage to, praise all things good. Who knows how long this will last, most things are temporary in the life of Edward Zero, but as long as there is something that needs mad props, this shall serve as its digital domain.
There are very few things that get my chops dripping and balls swinging. These select, special and undeniable few revolve around smoking, reggae, cricket, nostalgia and girls of dark complexion. Any souls that need conversion come into our church and leave the religion and agnostics behind.
Jah bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment